Jira 8 Administration Cookbook - Third Edition
Over 90 recipes to administer, customize, and extend Jira Core and Jira Service Desk
Formats - PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Pages - 280
ISBN - 9781838555887
Language - English
Published on 06/2019
Build customized solutions that fulfil your business requirements using the latest features of Jira 8
- Learn how to customize Jira applications to suit your organizational requirements
- Extend Jira's capabilities for custom integrations with other products and services such as Slack and GitHub
- Explore practical recipes for troubleshooting and securing your Jira instances with best practices
Jira is a project management tool used widely by organizations to plan, track, and release software. Jira administrators are at the heart of these processes and need to know how to successfully administer and customize Jira offerings. This updated Jira 8 Administration Cookbook demonstrates how to efficiently work with Jira Core and Jira Service Desk.
The book starts with a variety of recipes to help you manage users and workflows. You'll learn how to set up custom forms and capture important data with custom fields and screens. Next, you'll gain insights into the latest email capabilities, which assist you with everything from managing outgoing email rules to processing incoming emails for automated issue creation. Later, you'll be guided through running scripts to automate tasks, getting easy access to logs, and even working with tools to troubleshoot problems. The book will also ensure you understand how to integrate Jira with Slack, set up SSO with Google, and delegate administrator permissions. Finally, the chapter on Jira Service Desk will enable you to set up and customize your own support portal, work with internal teams to solve problems, and achieve optimized services with Service Level Agreement (SLA).
By the end of this book, you'll have the skills to extend and customize your Jira implementation effectively.
What you will learn
- Learn how to delegate administrator permissions effectively
- Gain insights into integrating Jira with Bitbucket Cloud and GitHub
- Explore ways to collaborate with your internal teams on service requests
- Understand how to add permissions to fields
- Learn how to set up SSO with Google
- Discover how to copy over configuration settings between Jira instances
Who this book is for