Jira Quick Start Guide
Manage your projects efficiently using the all-new Jira
About the Book
Leverage Jira's powerful task management and workflow features to better manage your business processes
- The book covers all major applications of Jira, which are Jira Software, Jira Core, Jira Service Desk.
- Configure project workflows and the fields that will be used in the project with the help of Jira's features
- Create tickets for issues and manage your projects using the Jira software
Jira is an issue tracker and project management system. With their latest release, the Jira team has now expanded their user base to agile teams as well as business teams. This book provides a comprehensive explanation covering all major components of Jira, including Jira Software, Jira Core, and Jira Service Desk.
This book starts with an introduction to Jira's unique features and how it can be used as an issue-tracking tool. It will then teach you about how a new project is created by a Jira administrator, what responsibilities there are, and using correct and relevant schemes in your project. You will then learn how to configure project workflows and fields for project screens.
You will understand the various permissions used in projects and the importance of project roles in Jira. Then, the book talks about the concepts of versions acting as milestones and using components when handling issues in your projects. It will then focus on analysing data using built-in reports and creating dashboards in Jira.
At the end, it will discuss various best practices for users as well as project managers or project administrators.
What you will learn
- Implement Jira as a project administrator or project manager
- Get familiar with various functionalities of Jira
- Configure projects and boards in your organisation's Jira instance
- Understand how and when to use components and versions in your projects
- Manage project configurations and Jira schemes
- Learn the best practices to manage your Jira instance
Who this book is for
This book will be especially useful for project managers but it's also intended for other Jira users, including developers, and any other industry besides software development, who would like to use Jira for project management.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now