Java EE 8 High Performance
Master techniques such as memory optimization, caching, concurrency, and multithreading to achieve maximum performance from your enterprise applications
About the Book
Get more control of your applications performances in development and production and know how to meet your Service Level Agreement on critical microservices.
About This Book
- Learn how to write a JavaEE application with performance constraints (Service Level Agreement—SLA) leveraging the platform
- Learn how to identify bottlenecks and hotspots in your application to fix them
- Ensure that you are able to continuously control your performance in production and during development
Who This Book Is For
If you're a Java developer looking to improve the performance of your code or simply wanting to take your skills up to the next level, then this book is perfect for you.
What You Will Learn
- Identify performance bottlenecks in an application
- Locate application hotspots using performance tools
- Understand the work done under the hood by EE containers and its impact on performance
- Identify common patterns to integrate with Java EE applications
- Implement transparent caching on your applications
- Extract more information from your applications using Java EE without modifying existing code
- Ensure constant performance and eliminate regression
The ease with which we write applications has been increasing, but with this comes the need to address their performance. A balancing act between easily implementing complex applications and keeping their performance optimal is a present-day need. In this book, we explore how to achieve this crucial balance while developing and deploying applications with Java EE 8.
The book starts by analyzing various Java EE specifications to identify those potentially affecting performance adversely. Then, we move on to monitoring techniques that enable us to identify performance bottlenecks and optimize performance metrics. Next, we look at techniques that help us achieve high performance: memory optimization, concurrency, multi-threading, scaling, and caching. We also look at fault tolerance solutions and the importance of logging. Lastly, you will learn to benchmark your application and also implement solutions for continuous performance evaluation.
By the end of the book, you will have gained insights into various techniques and solutions that will help create high-performance applications in the Java EE 8 environment.
Style and approach
This book will cover vital concepts implemented through a sample application built throughout the book. This will enable you to apply these concepts to suit your software requirements.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now