IPython Interactive Computing and Visualization Cookbook - Second Edition
Over 100 hands-on recipes to sharpen your skills in high-performance numerical computing and data science in the Jupyter Notebook
About the Book
Python is one of the leading open source platforms for data science and numerical computing. IPython and the associated Jupyter Notebook offer efficient interfaces to Python for data analysis and interactive visualization, and they constitute an ideal gateway to the platform.
IPython Interactive Computing and Visualization Cookbook, Second Edition contains many ready-to-use, focused recipes for high-performance scientific computing and data analysis, from the latest IPython/Jupyter features to the most advanced tricks, to help you write better and faster code. You will apply these state-of-the-art methods to various real-world examples, illustrating topics in applied mathematics, scientific modeling, and machine learning.
The first part of the book covers programming techniques: code quality and reproducibility, code optimization, high-performance computing through just-in-time compilation, parallel computing, and graphics card programming. The second part tackles data science, statistics, machine learning, signal and image processing, dynamical systems, and pure and applied mathematics.
- Leverage the Jupyter Notebook for interactive data science and visualization
- Become an expert in high-performance computing and visualization for data analysis and scientific modeling
- A comprehensive coverage of scientific computing through many hands-on, example-driven recipes with detailed, step-by-step explanations
- Master all features of the Jupyter Notebook
- Code better: write high-quality, readable, and well-tested programs; profile and optimize your code; and conduct reproducible interactive computing experiments
- Visualize data and create interactive plots in the Jupyter Notebook
- Write blazingly fast Python programs with NumPy, ctypes, Numba, Cython, OpenMP, GPU programming (CUDA), parallel IPython, Dask, and more
- Analyze data with Bayesian or frequentist statistics (Pandas, PyMC, and R), and learn from actual data through machine learning (scikit-learn)
- Gain valuable insights into signals, images, and sounds with SciPy, scikit-image, and OpenCV
- Simulate deterministic and stochastic dynamical systems in Python
- Familiarize yourself with math in Python using SymPy and Sage: algebra, analysis, logic, graphs, geometry, and probability theory
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now