iOS 14 Programming for Beginners Fifth Edition
Get started with building iOS apps with Swift 5.3 and Xcode 12
About the Book
Learn iOS app development and work with the latest Apple development tools
- Explore the latest features of Xcode 12 and the Swift 5.3 programming language in this updated fifth edition
- Kick-start your iOS programming career and have fun building your own iOS apps
- Discover the new features of iOS 14 such as Mac Catalyst, SwiftUI, widgets and App Clips
If you're a beginner looking to work and experiment with powerful iOS 14 features such as widgets and App Clips to create your own apps, this iOS programming guide is for you. The book offers a comprehensive introduction for experienced programmers who are new to iOS, taking you through the entire process of learning the Swift language, writing your own apps, and publishing them on the App Store.
Fully updated to cover the new iOS 14 features, along with Xcode 12 and Swift 5.3, this fifth edition of iOS 14 Programming for Beginners starts with an introduction to the Swift programming language and shows you how to accomplish common programming tasks with it. You'll then start building the user interface (UI) of a complete real-world app using the storyboards feature in the latest version of Xcode and implement the code for views, view controllers, data managers, and other aspects of mobile apps. The book will also help you apply iOS 14 features to existing apps and introduce you to SwiftUI, a new way to build apps for all Apple devices. Finally, you’ll set up testers for your app and understand what you need to do to publish your app on the App Store.
By the end of this book, you'll not only be well versed in writing and publishing applications, but you’ll also be able to apply your iOS development skills to enhance existing apps.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Xcode 12 and Swift 5.3, the building blocks of iOS development
- Understand how to prototype an app using storyboards
- Discover the Model-View-Controller design pattern and how to implement the desired functionality within an app
- Implement the latest iOS features, such as widgets and App Clips
- Convert an existing iPad app into an Apple Silicon Mac app
- Design, deploy, and test your iOS applications with design patterns and best practices
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has programming experience but is new to Swift and iOS app development. Experienced programmers looking to explore the latest iOS 14 features will also find this book useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now