iOS 12 Programming for Beginners - Third Edition
An introductory guide to iOS app development with Swift 4.2 and Xcode 10
About the Book
Begin your iOS 12 app development journey with this practical guide
- Kick-start your iOS programming career and have fun building iOS apps of your choice
- Get to grips with Xcode 10 and Swift 4.2, the building blocks of iOS development
- Discover the latest features of iOS 12 - SiriKit, notifications, and much more
Want to build iOS 12 applications from scratch with the latest Swift 4.2 language and Xcode 10 by your side? Forget sifting through tutorials and blog posts; this book is a direct route to iOS development, taking you through the basics and showing you how to put principles into practice. Take advantage of this developer-friendly guide and start building applications that may just take the App Store by storm!
If you’re already an experienced programmer, you can jump right in and learn the latest iOS 12 features. For beginners, this book starts by introducing you to iOS development as you learn Xcode and Swift. You'll also study advanced iOS design topics, such as gestures and animations, to give your app the edge. You’ll explore the latest Swift 4.2 and iOS 12 developments by incorporating new features, such as the latest in notifications, custom-UI notifications, maps, and the recent additions in Sirikit. The book will guide you in using TestFlight to quickly get to grips with everything you need to get your project on the App Store.
By the end of this book, you'll be ready to start building your own cool iOS applications confidently.
What you will learn
- Explore the distinctive design principles that define the iOS user experience
- Navigate panels within an Xcode project
- Use the latest Xcode asset catalogue of Xcode 10
- Create a playgrounds project within your projects and understand how Ranges and Control flow work
- Study operations with integers and work your way through if statements
- Build a responsive UI and add privacy to your custom-rich notifications
- Set up Sirikit to add voice for Siri shortcuts
- Collect valuable feedback with TestFlight before releasing your apps on the App Store
Who this book is for
This book is for you if you are completely new to Swift, iOS, or programming and want to make iOS applications. However, you’ll also find this book useful if you’re an experienced programmer looking to explore the latest iOS 12 features.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now