Introduction to DevOps with Kubernetes
Build scalable cloud-native applications using DevOps patterns created with Kubernetes
About the Book
Become familiar with Kubernetes and explore techniques to manage your containerized workloads and services
- Learn everything from creating a cluster to monitoring applications in Kubernetes
- Understand and develop DevOps primitives using Kubernetes
- Use Kubernetes to solve challenging real-life DevOps problems
Kubernetes and DevOps are the two pillars that can keep your business at the top by ensuring high performance of your IT infrastructure.
Introduction to DevOps with Kubernetes will help you develop the skills you need to improve your DevOps with the power of Kubernetes. The book begins with an overview of Kubernetes primitives and DevOps concepts. You'll understand how Kubernetes can assist you with overcoming a wide range of real-world operation challenges. You will get to grips with creating and upgrading a cluster, and then learn how to deploy, update, and scale an application on Kubernetes. As you advance through the chapters, you’ll be able to monitor an application by setting up a pod failure alert on Prometheus. The book will also guide you in configuring Alertmanager to send alerts to the Slack channel and trace down a problem on the application using kubectl commands.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to manage the lifecycle of simple to complex applications on Kubernetes with confidence.
What you will learn
- Create and manage Kubernetes clusters in on-premise systems and cloud
- Exercise various DevOps practices using Kubernetes
- Explore configuration, secret, and storage management, and exercise these on Kubernetes
- Perform different update techniques and apply them on Kubernetes
- Use the built-in scaling feature in Kubernetes to scale your applications up and down
- Use various troubleshooting techniques and have a monitoring system installed on Kubernetes
Who this book is for
If you are a developer who wants to learn how to apply DevOps patterns using Kubernetes, then this book is for you. Familiarity with Kubernetes will be useful, but not essential.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now