Improving your Penetration Testing Skills
Strengthen your defense against web attacks with Kali Linux and Metasploit
About the Book
Evade antiviruses and bypass firewalls with the most widely used penetration testing frameworks
- Gain insights into the latest antivirus evasion techniques
- Set up a complete pentesting environment using Metasploit and virtual machines
- Discover a variety of tools and techniques that can be used with Kali Linux
Penetration testing or ethical hacking is a legal and foolproof way to identify vulnerabilities in your system. With thorough penetration testing, you can secure your system against the majority of threats.
This Learning Path starts with an in-depth explanation of what hacking and penetration testing is. You’ll gain a deep understanding of classical SQL and command injection flaws, and discover ways to exploit these flaws to secure your system. You'll also learn how to create and customize payloads to evade antivirus software and bypass an organization's defenses. Whether it’s exploiting server vulnerabilities and attacking client systems, or compromising mobile phones and installing backdoors, this Learning Path will guide you through all this and more to improve your defense against online attacks.
By the end of this Learning Path, you'll have the knowledge and skills you need to invade a system and identify all its vulnerabilities.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Web Penetration Testing with Kali Linux - Third Edition by Juned Ahmed Ansari and Gilberto Najera-Gutierrez
- Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook - Third Edition by Abhinav Singh , Monika Agarwal, et al
What you will learn
- Build and analyze Metasploit modules in Ruby
- Integrate Metasploit with other penetration testing tools
- Use server-side attacks to detect vulnerabilities in web servers and their applications
- Explore automated attacks such as fuzzing web applications
- Identify the difference between hacking a web application and network hacking
- Deploy Metasploit with the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES)
- Use MSFvenom to generate payloads and backdoor files, and create shellcode
Who this book is for
This Learning Path is designed for security professionals, web programmers, and pentesters who want to learn vulnerability exploitation and make the most of the Metasploit framework. Some understanding of penetration testing and Metasploit is required, but basic system administration skills and the ability to read code are a must.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now