Hands-On Test Management with Jira
End-to-end test management with Zephyr, synapseRT, and Jenkins in Jira
About the Book
Learn best practices for testing with Jira and model industry workflows that can be used during the software development lifecycle
- Integrate Jira with test management tools such as Zephyr, Test Management, and SynapseRT
- Understand test case management, traceability, and test execution with reports
- Implement continuous integration using Jira, Jenkins, and automated testing tools
Hands-On Test Management with Jira begins by introducing you to the basic concepts of Jira and takes you through real-world software testing processes followed by various organizations. As you progress through the chapters, the book explores and compares the three most popular Jira plugins—Zephyr, Test Management, and synapseRT.
With this book, you’ll gain a practical understanding of test management processes using Jira. You’ll learn how to create and manage projects, create Jira tickets to manage customer requirements, and track Jira tickets. You’ll also understand how to develop test plans, test cases, and test suites, and create defects and requirement traceability matrices, as well as generating reports in Jira.
Toward the end, you’ll understand how Jira can help the SQA teams to use the DevOps pipeline for automating execution and managing test cases. You’ll get to grips with configuring Jira with Jenkins to execute automated test cases in Selenium.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained a clear understanding of how to model and implement test management processes using Jira.
What you will learn
- Understand QMS to effectively implement quality systems in your organization
- Explore a business-driven structured approach to Test Management using TMap NEXT
- Implement different aspects of test planning, test strategy, and test execution
- Organize and manage Agile projects in Scrum and Kanban
- Uncover Jira plugins available in the Atlassian Marketplace for testing and project management
- Configure a DevOps pipeline for continuous integration using Jira with Jenkins
Who this book is for
If you’re a quality assurance professional, software project manager, or test manager interested in learning test management best practices in your team or organization, this book is for you. Prior knowledge of test management and Jenkins will be beneficial in understanding the concepts covered in this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now