Hands-On Simulation Modeling with Python
Develop simulation models to get accurate results and enhance decision-making processes
About the Book
Enhance your simulation modeling skills by creating and analyzing digital prototypes of a physical model using Python programming with this comprehensive guide
- Learn to create a digital prototype of a real model using hands-on examples
- Evaluate the performance and output of your prototype using simulation modeling techniques
- Understand various statistical and physical simulations to improve systems using Python
Simulation modeling helps you to create digital prototypes of physical models to analyze how they work and predict their performance in the real world. With this comprehensive guide, you'll understand various computational statistical simulations using Python.
Starting with the fundamentals of simulation modeling, you'll understand concepts such as randomness and explore data generating processes, resampling methods, and bootstrapping techniques. You'll then cover key algorithms such as Monte Carlo simulations and Markov decision processes, which are used to develop numerical simulation models, and discover how they can be used to solve real-world problems. As you advance, you'll develop simulation models to help you get accurate results and enhance decision-making processes. Using optimization techniques, you'll learn to modify the performance of a model to improve results and make optimal use of resources. The book will guide you in creating a digital prototype using practical use cases for financial engineering, prototyping project management to improve planning, and simulating physical phenomena using neural networks.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned how to construct and deploy simulation models of your own to overcome real-world challenges.
What you will learn
- Gain an overview of the different types of simulation models
- Get to grips with the concepts of randomness and data generation process
- Understand how to work with discrete and continuous distributions
- Work with Monte Carlo simulations to calculate a definite integral
- Find out how to simulate random walks using Markov chains
- Obtain robust estimates of confidence intervals and standard errors of population parameters
- Discover how to use optimization methods in real-life applications
- Run efficient simulations to analyze real-world systems
Who this book is for
Hands-On Simulation Modeling with Python is for simulation developers and engineers, model designers, and anyone already familiar with the basic computational methods that are used to study the behavior of systems. This book will help you explore advanced simulation techniques such as Monte Carlo methods, statistical simulations, and much more using Python. Working knowledge of Python programming language is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now