Hands-On Serverless Computing with Google Cloud
Build, deploy, and containerize apps using Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, and cloud-native technologies
About the Book
Effectively deploy fully managed workloads using Google Cloud's serverless services
- Use real-world use cases to understand the core functionalities of Functions as a Service
- Explore the potential of Cloud Run, Knative, Cloud Build, Google Kubernetes Engine, and Cloud Storage
- Get to grips with architectural decisions, seamless deployments, containerization, and serverless solutions
Google Cloud's serverless platform allows organizations to scale fully managed solutions without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. With this book, you will learn how to design, develop, and deploy full stack serverless apps on Google Cloud.
The book starts with a quick overview of the Google Cloud console, its features, user interface (UI), and capabilities. After getting to grips with the Google Cloud interface and its features, you will explore the core aspects of serverless products such as Cloud Run, Cloud Functions and App Engine. You will also learn essential features such as version control, containerization, and identity and access management with the help of real-world use cases. Later, you will understand how to incorporate continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) techniques for serverless applications. Toward the concluding chapters, you will get to grips with how key technologies such as Knative enable Cloud Run to be hosted on multiple platforms including Kubernetes and VMware.
By the end of this book, you will have become proficient in confidently developing, managing, and deploying containerized applications on Google Cloud.
What you will learn
- Explore the various options for deploying serverless workloads on Google Cloud
- Determine the appropriate serverless product for your application use case
- Integrate multiple lightweight functions to build scalable and resilient services
- Increase productivity through build process automation
- Understand how to secure serverless workloads using service accounts
- Build a scalable architecture with Google Cloud Functions and Cloud Run
Who this book is for
If you are a cloud administrator, architect, or developer who wants to build scalable systems and deploy serverless workloads on Google Cloud, then this book is for you. To get the most out of this book, a basic understanding of the serverless ecosystem and cloud computing will be beneficial.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now