Hands-on Pipeline as Code with Jenkins
CI/CD Implementation for Mobile, Web, and Hybrid Applications Using Declarative Pipeline in Jenkins
About the Book
- Understand how and when Continuous Integration makes a difference
- Learn how to create Declarative Pipeline for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Understand the importance of Continuous Code Inspection and Code Quality
- Learn to publish Unit Test and Code Coverage in Declarative Pipeline
- Understand the importance of Quality Gates and Build Quality
The main objective of the book is to create Declarative Pipeline for programming languages such as Java, Android, iOS, AngularJS, NodeJS, Flutter, Ionic Cordova, and .Net. The book starts by introducing all the areas which encompass the field of DevOps Practices. It covers definition of DevOps, DevOps history, benefits of DevOps culture, DevOps and Value Streams, DevOps practices, different Pipeline types such as Build Pipeline, Scripted Pipeline, Declarative Pipeline, and Blue Ocean. Each chapter focuses on Pipeline that includes Static Code Analysis using SonarQube or Lint tools, Unit tests, calculating code coverage, publishing unit tests and coverage reports, verifying the threshold of code coverage, creating build/package, and distributing package to a specific environment based on the type of programming language. The book will also teach you how to use different deployment distribution environments such as Azure App Services, Docker, Azure Container Services, Azure Kubernetes Service, and App Center.
By the end, you will be able to implement DevOps Practices using Jenkins effectively and efficiently.
What you will learn
- Use Multi-Stage Pipeline (Pipeline as a Code) to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Create and configure Cloud resources using Platform as a Service Model
- Deploy apps to Azure App Services, Azure Kubernetes and containers
- Understand how to distribute Mobile Apps (APK and IPA) to App Center
- Improve Code Quality and Standards using Continuous Code Inspection
Who this book is for
This book is for DevOps Consultants, DevOps Evangelists, DevOps Engineers, Technical Specialists, Technical Architects, Cloud Experts, and Beginners. Having a basics knowledge of Application development and deployment, Cloud Computing, and DevOps Practices would be an added advantage.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing DevOps
2. Introducing Jenkins 2.0 and Blue Ocean
3. Building CICD Pipeline for Java Web Application
4. Building CICD Pipeline for Android App
5. Building CICD Pipeline for iOS App
6. Building CICD Pipeline for Angular Application
7. Building CICD Pipeline NodeJS Application
8. Building CICD Pipeline for Hybrid Mobile Application
9. Building CICD Pipeline for Python Application
10. Building CICD Pipeline for DotNet Application
BPB is Asia's largest publishers of Computer & IT books. For the last 63 years BPB has been a friend, philosopher and guide for programmers, developers, hardware technicians, IT Professionals who have made things happen in the IT World.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now