Hands-On Neuroevolution with Python
Build high-performing artificial neural network architectures using neuroevolution-based algorithms
About the Book
Increase the performance of various neural network architectures using NEAT, HyperNEAT, ES-HyperNEAT, Novelty Search, SAFE, and deep neuroevolution
- Implement neuroevolution algorithms to improve the performance of neural network architectures
- Understand evolutionary algorithms and neuroevolution methods with real-world examples
- Learn essential neuroevolution concepts and how they are used in domains including games, robotics, and simulations
Neuroevolution is a form of artificial intelligence learning that uses evolutionary algorithms to simplify the process of solving complex tasks in domains such as games, robotics, and the simulation of natural processes. This book will give you comprehensive insights into essential neuroevolution concepts and equip you with the skills you need to apply neuroevolution-based algorithms to solve practical, real-world problems.
You'll start with learning the key neuroevolution concepts and methods by writing code with Python. You'll also get hands-on experience with popular Python libraries and cover examples of classical reinforcement learning, path planning for autonomous agents, and developing agents to autonomously play Atari games. Next, you'll learn to solve common and not-so-common challenges in natural computing using neuroevolution-based algorithms. Later, you'll understand how to apply neuroevolution strategies to existing neural network designs to improve training and inference performance. Finally, you'll gain clear insights into the topology of neural networks and how neuroevolution allows you to develop complex networks, starting with simple ones.
By the end of this book, you will not only have explored existing neuroevolution-based algorithms, but also have the skills you need to apply them in your research and work assignments.
What you will learn
- Discover the most popular neuroevolution algorithms – NEAT, HyperNEAT, and ES-HyperNEAT
- Explore how to implement neuroevolution-based algorithms in Python
- Get up to speed with advanced visualization tools to examine evolved neural network graphs
- Understand how to examine the results of experiments and analyze algorithm performance
- Delve into neuroevolution techniques to improve the performance of existing methods
- Apply deep neuroevolution to develop agents for playing Atari games
Who this book is for
This book is for machine learning practitioners, deep learning researchers, and AI enthusiasts who are looking to implement neuroevolution algorithms from scratch. Working knowledge of the Python programming language and basic knowledge of deep learning and neural networks are mandatory.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now