Hands-On Kubernetes on Windows
Effectively orchestrate Windows container workloads using Kubernetes
About the Book
Build and deploy scalable cloud applications using Windows containers and Kubernetes
- Run, deploy, and orchestrate containers on the Windows platform with this Kubernetes book
- Use Microsoft SQL Server 2019 as a data store to deploy Kubernetes applications written in .NET Framework
- Set up a Kubernetes development environment and deploy clusters with Windows Server 2019 nodes
With the adoption of Windows containers in Kubernetes, you can now fully leverage the flexibility and robustness of the Kubernetes container orchestration system in the Windows ecosystem. This support will enable you to create new Windows applications and migrate existing ones to the cloud-native stack with the same ease as for Linux-oriented cloud applications.
This practical guide takes you through the key concepts involved in packaging Windows-distributed applications into containers and orchestrating these using Kubernetes. You'll also understand the current limitations of Windows support in Kubernetes. As you advance, you'll gain hands-on experience deploying a fully functional hybrid Linux/Windows Kubernetes cluster for development, and explore production scenarios in on-premises and cloud environments, such as Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service.
By the end of this book, you'll be well-versed with containerization, microservices architecture, and the critical considerations for running Kubernetes in production environments successfully.
What you will learn
- Understand containerization as a packaging format for applications
- Create a development environment for Kubernetes on Windows
- Grasp the key architectural concepts in Kubernetes
- Discover the current limitations of Kubernetes on the Windows platform
- Provision and interact with a Kubernetes cluster from a Windows machine
- Create hybrid Windows Kubernetes clusters in on-premises and cloud environments
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers, system administrators, DevOps engineers, and architects working with Kubernetes on Windows, Windows Server 2019, and Windows containers. Knowledge of Kubernetes as well as the Linux environment will help you get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now