Hands-On Functional Programming with TypeScript
Explore functional and reactive programming to create robust and testable TypeScript applications
About the Book
Discover the power of functional programming, lazy evaluation, monads, concurrency, and immutability to create succinct and expressive implementations
- Get a solid understanding of how to apply functional programming concepts in TypeScript
- Explore TypeScript runtime features such as event loop, closures, and Prototypes
- Gain deeper knowledge on the pros and cons of TypeScript
The book will help you understand the pros, cons, and core principles of functional programming in TypeScript. It will explain higher order functions, referential transparency, functional composition, and monads with the help of effective code examples. Using TypeScript as a functional programming language, you’ll also be able to brush up on your knowledge of applying functional programming techniques, including currying, laziness, and immutability, to real-world scenarios.
By the end of this book, you will be confident when it comes to using core functional and reactive programming techniques to help you build effective applications with TypeScript.
What you will learn
- Understand the pros and cons of functional programming
- Delve into the principles, patterns, and best practices of functional and reactive programming
- Use lazy evaluation to improve the performance of applications
- Explore functional optics with Ramda
- Gain insights into category theory functional data structures such as Functors and Monads
- Use functions as values, so that they can be passed as arguments to other functions
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now