Hands-On Full-Stack Web Development with GraphQL and React
Build scalable full-stack applications while learning to solve complex problems with GraphQL
About the Book
Unearth the power of GraphQL, React, Apollo, Node, and Express to build a scalable, production ready application
- Build full stack applications with modern APIs using GraphQL and Apollo
- Integrate Apollo into React and build frontend components using GraphQL
- Implement a self-updating notification pop-up with a unique GraphQL feature called Subscriptions
This book will guide you in implementing applications by using React, Apollo, Node.js and SQL. We'll focus on solving complex problems with GraphQL, such as abstracting multi-table database architectures and handling image uploads. Our client, and server will be powered by Apollo. Finally we will go ahead and build a complete Graphbook. While building the app, we'll cover the tricky parts of connecting React to the back end, and maintaining and synchronizing state. We'll learn all about querying data and authenticating users. We'll write test cases to verify the front end and back end functionality for our application and cover deployment. By the end of the book, you will be proficient in using GraphQL and React for your full-stack development requirements.
What you will learn
- Resolve data from multi-table database and system architectures
- Build a GraphQL API by implementing models and schemas with Apollo and Sequelize
- Set up an Apollo Client and build front end components using React
- Use Mocha to test your full-stack application
- Write complex React components and share data across them
- Deploy your application using Docker
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now