Hands-On Deep Learning Algorithms with Python
Master deep learning algorithms with extensive math by implementing them using TensorFlow
About the Book
Understand basic to advanced deep learning algorithms, the mathematical principles behind them, and their practical applications.
- Get up-to-speed with building your own neural networks from scratch
- Gain insights into the mathematical principles behind deep learning algorithms
- Implement popular deep learning algorithms such as CNNs, RNNs, and more using TensorFlow
Deep learning is one of the most popular domains in the AI space, allowing you to develop multi-layered models of varying complexities.
This book introduces you to popular deep learning algorithms—from basic to advanced—and shows you how to implement them from scratch using TensorFlow. Throughout the book, you will gain insights into each algorithm, the mathematical principles behind it, and how to implement it in the best possible manner. The book starts by explaining how you can build your own neural networks, followed by introducing you to TensorFlow, the powerful Python-based library for machine learning and deep learning. Moving on, you will get up to speed with gradient descent variants, such as NAG, AMSGrad, AdaDelta, Adam, and Nadam. The book will then provide you with insights into RNNs and LSTM and how to generate song lyrics with RNN. Next, you will master the math for convolutional and capsule networks, widely used for image recognition tasks. Then you learn how machines understand the semantics of words and documents using CBOW, skip-gram, and PV-DM. Afterward, you will explore various GANs, including InfoGAN and LSGAN, and autoencoders, such as contractive autoencoders and VAE.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with all the skills you need to implement deep learning in your own projects.
What you will learn
- Implement basic-to-advanced deep learning algorithms
- Master the mathematics behind deep learning algorithms
- Become familiar with gradient descent and its variants, such as AMSGrad, AdaDelta, Adam, and Nadam
- Implement recurrent networks, such as RNN, LSTM, GRU, and seq2seq models
- Understand how machines interpret images using CNN and capsule networks
- Implement different types of generative adversarial network, such as CGAN, CycleGAN, and StackGAN
- Explore various types of autoencoder, such as Sparse autoencoders, DAE, CAE, and VAE
Who this book is for
If you are a machine learning engineer, data scientist, AI developer, or simply want to focus on neural networks and deep learning, this book is for you. Those who are completely new to deep learning, but have some experience in machine learning and Python programming, will also find the book very helpful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now