Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms with Python Second Edition
Write complex and powerful code using the latest features of Python 3.7
About the Book
- Understand the analysis and design of fundamental Python data structures
- Explore advanced Python concepts such as Big O notation and dynamic programming
- Learn functional and reactive implementations of traditional data structures
Data structures allow you to store and organize data efficiently. They are critical to any problem, provide a complete solution, and act like reusable code. Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms with Python teaches you the essential Python data structures and the most common algorithms for building easy and maintainable applications.
This book helps you to understand the power of linked lists, double linked lists, and circular linked lists. You will learn to create complex data structures, such as graphs, stacks, and queues. As you make your way through the chapters, you will explore the application of binary searches and binary search trees, along with learning common techniques and structures used in tasks such as preprocessing, modeling, and transforming data. In the concluding chapters, you will get to grips with organizing your code in a manageable, consistent, and extendable way. You will also study how to bubble sort, selection sort, insertion sort, and merge sort algorithms in detail.
By the end of the book, you will have learned how to build components that are easy to understand, debug, and use in different applications. You will get insights into Python implementation of all the important and relevant algorithms.
What you will learn
- Understand object representation, attribute binding, and data encapsulation
- Gain a solid understanding of Python data structures using algorithms
- Study algorithms using examples with pictorial representation
- Learn complex algorithms through easy explanation, implementing Python
- Build sophisticated and efficient data applications in Python
- Understand common programming algorithms used in Python data science
- Write efficient and robust code in Python 3.7
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now