Hands-On Dashboard Development with QlikView
Practical guide to creating interactive and user-friendly business intelligence dashboards
About the Book
A step-by-step approach to building stunning dashboards with QlikView
- Perform effective storytelling through interactive dashboards built with QlikView
- Create different types of visualizations from a variety of data sources
- Includes tips, tricks, and best practices to perform effective Business Intelligence using QlikView
QlikView is one of the market leaders when it comes to building effective Business Intelligence solutions. This book will show how you can leverage its power to build your own dashboards to tell your own data story.
The book starts with showing you how to connect your data to QlikView and create your own QlikView application. You will learn how to add data from multiple sources, create a data model by joining data, and then review it on the front end. You will work with QlikView components such as charts, list boxes, input boxes, and text objects to create stunning visualizations that help give actionable business insights. You will also learn how to perform analysis on your data in QlikView and master the various types of security measures to be taken in QlikView.
By the end of this book, you will have all the essential knowledge required for insightful data storytelling and creating useful BI dashboards using QlikView.
What you will learn
- Learn to use the latest and newest features of QlikView
- Connect QlikView to various data sources, such as databases and websites
- Create a fully featured data model without circular references
- Display your data in maps, charts, and text across multiple sheets
- Apply set analysis to your data in QlikView expressions
- Secure your data based on the various audience types
Who this book is for
This book is best suited for BI professionals, data analysts and budding QlikView developers who wish to build effective dashboards using QlikView. Some basic understanding of the data visualization concepts and Business Intelligence is required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now