Getting Started with Tableau 2019.2 Second Edition
Effective data visualization and business intelligence with the new features of Tableau 2019.2
About the Book
Leverage the power of Tableau 2019.1’s new features to create impactful data visualization
- Get up and running with the newly released features of Tableau 2019.1
- Create enterprise-grade dashboard and reports to communicate your insights effectively
- Begin your Tableau journey by understanding its core functionalities
Tableau is one of the leading data visualization tools and is regularly updated with new functionalities and features. The latest release, Tableau 2019.1, promises new and advanced features related to visual analytics, reporting, dashboarding, and a host of other data visualization aspects. Getting Started with Tableau 2019.1 will get you up to speed with these additional functionalities.
The book starts by highlighting the new functionalities of Tableau 2019.1, providing concrete examples of how to use them. However, if you're new to Tableau, don’t worry – you’ll be guided through the major aspects of Tableau with relevant examples. You'll learn how to connect to data, build a data source, visualize your data, build a dashboard, and even share data online. In the concluding chapters, you'll delve into advanced techniques such as creating a cross-database join and data blending.
By the end of this book, you will be able to use Tableau effectively to create quick, cost-effective, and business-efficient Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
What you will learn
- Discover new functionalities such as ‘Ask Data’, the new way to interact with your data using natural language
- Connect tables and make transformations such as pivoting the field and splitting columns
- Build an efficient data source for analysis
- Design insightful data visualization using different mark types and properties
- Develop powerful dashboards and stories
- Share your work and interact with Tableau Server
- Use Tableau to explore your data and find new insights
- Explore Tableau's advanced features and gear up for upcoming challenges
Who this book is for
Existing Tableau users and BI professionals who want to get up to speed with what's new in Tableau 2019 will find this beginner-level book to be a very useful resource. Some experience of Tableau is assumed, however, the book also features introductory concepts, which even beginners can take advantage of.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now