Getting Started with Containerization
Reduce the operational burden on your system by automating and managing your containers
About the Book
Choose the smarter way to learn about containerizing your applications and running them in production.
- Deploy and manage highly scalable, containerized applications with Kubernetes
- Build high-availability Kubernetes clusters
- Secure your applications via encapsulation, networks, and secrets
Kubernetes is an open source orchestration platform for managing containers in a cluster environment. This Learning Path introduces you to the world of containerization, in addition to providing you with an overview of Docker fundamentals. As you progress, you will be able to understand how Kubernetes works with containers. Starting with creating Kubernetes clusters and running applications with proper authentication and authorization, you'll learn how to create high-availability Kubernetes clusters on Amazon Web Services (AWS), and also learn how to use kubeconfig to manage different clusters. Whether it is learning about Docker containers and Docker Compose, or building a continuous delivery pipeline for your application, this Learning Path will equip you with all the right tools and techniques to get started with containerization.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will have gained hands-on experience of working with Docker containers and orchestrators, including SwarmKit and Kubernetes.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Kubernetes Cookbook - Second Edition by Hideto Saito, Hui-Chuan Chloe Lee, and Ke-Jou Carol Hsu
- Learn Docker - Fundamentals of Docker 18.x by Gabriel N. Schenker
What you will learn
- Build your own container cluster
- Run a highly distributed application with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Update or rollback a distributed application with zero downtime
- Containerize your traditional or microservice-based application
- Build a continuous delivery pipeline for your application
- Track metrics and logs for every container in your cluster
- Implement container orchestration to streamline deploying and managing applications
Who this book is for
This beginner-level Learning Path is designed for system administrators, operations engineers, DevOps engineers, and developers who want to get started with Docker and Kubernetes. Although no prior experience with Docker is required, basic knowledge of Kubernetes and containers will be helpful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now