Full Stack Development with JHipster Second Edition
About the Book
Written by the core development team of JHipster and fully updated for JHipster 6, Java 11, and Spring Boot 2.1, this book will show you how to build modern web applications with real-world examples and best practices
- Explore the JHipster microservices stack, which includes Spring Cloud, Netflix OSS, and the Elastic Stack
- Learn advanced local and cloud deployment strategies using Docker and Kubernetes
JHipster is an open source development platform that allows you to easily create web apps and microservices from scratch without spending time on wiring and integrating different technologies. Updated to include JHipster 6, Java 11, Spring Boot 2.1, Vue.js, and Istio, this second edition of Full Stack Development with JHipster will help you build full stack applications and microservices seamlessly.
You'll start by understanding JHipster and its associated tools, along with the essentials of full stack development, before building a monolithic web app. You'll then learn the JHipster Domain Language (JDL) with entity modeling using JDL-Studio. With this book, you'll create production-ready web apps using Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Angular, and Bootstrap, and run tests and set up continuous integration pipelines with Jenkins. As you advance, you'll learn how to convert your monoliths to microservices and how to package your application for production with various deployment options, including Heroku and Google Cloud. You'll also learn about Docker and Kubernetes, along with an introduction to the Istio service mesh. Finally, you'll build your client-side with React and Vue.js and discover JHipster's best practices.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to leverage the best tools available to build modern web apps.
What you will learn
- Create full stack apps from scratch using the latest features of JHipster 6 and Spring Boot 2.1
- Build business logic by creating and developing entity models using JDL
- Understand how to convert a monolithic architecture into a full-fledged microservices architecture
- Build and package your apps for production using Docker
- Deploy your application to Google Cloud with Kubernetes
- Create continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines with Jenkins
- Create applications using Angular, React, and Vue.js client-side frameworks
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now