Front-End Development Projects with Vue.js
Learn to build scalable web applications and dynamic user interfaces with Vue
About the Book
Get to grips with the core fundamentals of Vue.js and learn to build reliable component-based applications with practical guidance from industry experts
- Learn how to make the best use of the Vue framework and build a full end-to-end project
- Build dynamic components and user interfaces that are fast and intuitive
- Write performant code that “just works” and is easily scalable and reusable
Through the use-cases in this book, you’ll discover how to handle data in Vue components, define communication interfaces between components, and handle static and dynamic routing to control application flow. You’ll get to grips with Vue CLI and Vue DevTools, and learn how to handle transition and animation effects to create an engaging user experience. In chapters on testing and deploying to the web, you’ll gain the skills to start working like an experienced Vue developer and build professional apps that can be used by other people.
You’ll work on realistic projects that are presented as bitesize exercises and activities, allowing you to challenge yourself in an enjoyable and attainable way. These mini projects include a chat interface, a messaging app, a shopping cart and price calculator, a to-do app, and a profile card generator for storing contact details.
By the end of this book, you’ll have the confidence to handle any web development project and tackle real-world front-end development problems.
What you will learn
- Set up an effective development environment and start your first Vue project
- Modularize a Vue application using component hierarchies
- Share state between components and use Vuex for state management
- Work with APIs using Vuex and Axios to fetch remote data
- Validate functionality with unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Get to grips with web app deployment
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now