Become a proficient programmer by learning coding best practices with C++17 and C++20's latest features
About the Book
Design and architect real-world scalable C++ applications by exploring advanced techniques in low-level programming, object-oriented programming (OOP), the Standard Template Library (STL), metaprogramming, and concurrency
- Design professional-grade, maintainable apps by learning advanced concepts such as functional programming, templates, and networking
- Apply design patterns and best practices to solve real-world problems
- Improve the performance of your projects by designing concurrent data structures and algorithms
C++ has evolved over the years and the latest release – C++20 – is now available. Since C++11, C++ has been constantly enhancing the language feature set. With the new version, you’ll explore an array of features such as concepts, modules, ranges, and coroutines. This book will be your guide to learning the intricacies of the language, techniques, C++ tools, and the new features introduced in C++20, while also helping you apply these when building modern and resilient software.
You’ll start by exploring the latest features of C++, and then move on to advanced techniques such as multithreading, concurrency, debugging, monitoring, and high-performance programming. The book will delve into object-oriented programming principles and the C++ Standard Template Library, and even show you how to create custom templates. After this, you’ll learn about different approaches such as test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), and domain-driven design (DDD), before taking a look at the coding best practices and design patterns essential for building professional-grade applications. Toward the end of the book, you will gain useful insights into the recent C++ advancements in AI and machine learning.
By the end of this C++ programming book, you’ll have gained expertise in real-world application development, including the process of designing complex software.
What you will learn
- Understand memory management and low-level programming in C++ to write secure and stable applications
- Discover the latest C++20 features such as modules, concepts, ranges, and coroutines
- Understand debugging and testing techniques and reduce issues in your programs
- Design and implement GUI applications using Qt5
- Use multithreading and concurrency to make your programs run faster
- Develop high-end games by using the object-oriented capabilities of C++
- Explore AI and machine learning concepts with C++
Who this book is for
This C++ book is for experienced C++ developers who are looking to take their knowledge to the next level and perfect their skills in building professional-grade applications.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now