Ensemble Machine Learning Cookbook
Over 35 practical recipes to explore ensemble machine learning techniques using Python
About the Book
Implement machine learning algorithms to build ensemble models using Keras, H2O, Scikit-Learn, Pandas and more
- Apply popular machine learning algorithms using a recipe-based approach
- Implement boosting, bagging, and stacking ensemble methods to improve machine learning models
- Discover real-world ensemble applications and encounter complex challenges in Kaggle competitions
Ensemble modeling is an approach used to improve the performance of machine learning models. It combines two or more similar or dissimilar machine learning algorithms to deliver superior intellectual powers. This book will help you to implement popular machine learning algorithms to cover different paradigms of ensemble machine learning such as boosting, bagging, and stacking.
The Ensemble Machine Learning Cookbook will start by getting you acquainted with the basics of ensemble techniques and exploratory data analysis. You'll then learn to implement tasks related to statistical and machine learning algorithms to understand the ensemble of multiple heterogeneous algorithms. It will also ensure that you don't miss out on key topics, such as like resampling methods. As you progress, you’ll get a better understanding of bagging, boosting, stacking, and working with the Random Forest algorithm using real-world examples. The book will highlight how these ensemble methods use multiple models to improve machine learning results, as compared to a single model. In the concluding chapters, you'll delve into advanced ensemble models using neural networks, natural language processing, and more. You’ll also be able to implement models such as fraud detection, text categorization, and sentiment analysis.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to harness ensemble techniques and the working mechanisms of machine learning algorithms to build intelligent models using individual recipes.
What you will learn
- Understand how to use machine learning algorithms for regression and classification problems
- Implement ensemble techniques such as averaging, weighted averaging, and max-voting
- Get to grips with advanced ensemble methods, such as bootstrapping, bagging, and stacking
- Use Random Forest for tasks such as classification and regression
- Implement an ensemble of homogeneous and heterogeneous machine learning algorithms
- Learn and implement various boosting techniques, such as AdaBoost, Gradient Boosting Machine, and XGBoost
Who this book is for
This book is designed for data scientists, machine learning developers, and deep learning enthusiasts who want to delve into machine learning algorithms to build powerful ensemble models. Working knowledge of Python programming and basic statistics is a must to help you grasp the concepts in the book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now