End-to-End Web Testing with Cypress
About the Book
- Write your first end-to-end test and find out how to modernize your testing environment
- Execute test-driven web development and cross-browser testing using Cypress
- Discover the advantages of using Cypress over Selenium and refactor testing for modern web apps
Cypress is a modern test automation framework for web-based frontend apps. Learning Cypress will help you overcome the shortcomings of conventional testing solutions such as dependency graph problems, the steep learning curve in setting up end-to-end testing packages, and difficulties in writing explicit time waits for your tests.
In End-to-End Web Testing with Cypress, you’ll learn how to use different Cypress tools, including time travel, snapshots, errors, and console output, to write fail-safe and non-flaky tests. You’ll discover techniques for performing test-driven development (TDD) with Cypress and write cross-browser tests for your web applications. As you advance, you’ll implement tests for a sample application and work with a variety of tools and features within the Cypress ecosystem. Finally, this Cypress book will help you grasp advanced testing concepts such as visual testing and networking.
By the end of this book, you’ll have the skills you need to be able to set up Cypress for any web app and understand how to use it to its full potential.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with Cypress and understand its advantages over Selenium
- Explore common Cypress commands, tools, and techniques for writing complete tests for web apps
- Set up and configure Cypress for cross-browser testing
- Understand how to work with elements and animation to write non-flaky tests
- Discover techniques for implementing and handling navigation requests in tests
- Implement visual regression tests with Applitools eyes
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now