Docker High Performance Second Edition
Complete your Docker journey by optimizing your application's workflows and performance
About the Book
Leverage Docker to unlock efficient and rapid container deployments to improve your development workflow
- Reconfigure Docker hosts to create a logging system with the ElasticSearch-Logstash-Kibana (ELK) stack
- Tackle the challenges of large-scale container deployment with this fast-paced guide
- Benchmark the performance of your Docker containers using Apache JMeter
Docker is an enterprise-grade container platform that allows you to build and deploy your apps. Its portable format lets you run your code right from your desktop workstations to popular cloud computing providers. This comprehensive guide will improve your Docker workï¬‚ows and ensure your application's production environment runs smoothly.
This book starts with a refresher on setting up and running Docker and details the basic setup for creating a Docker Swarm cluster. You will then learn how to automate this cluster by using Chef Server and Cookbook. After that, you will run the Docker monitoring system with Prometheus and Grafana, and deploy the ELK stack. You will also learn some tips for optimizing Docker images.
After deploying containers with the help of Jenkins, you will then move on to a tutorial on using Apache JMeter to analyze your application's performance. You will learn how to use Docker Swarm and NGINX to load-balance your application and how common debugging tools in Linux can be used to troubleshoot Docker containers.
By the end of this book, you will be able to integrate all the optimizations that you have learned and put everything into practice in your applications.
What you will learn
- Automate provisioning and setting up nodes in a Docker Swarm cluster
- Configure a monitoring system with Prometheus and Grafana
- Use Apache JMeter to create workloads for benchmarking the performance of Docker containers
- Understand how to load-balance an application with Docker Swarm and Nginx
- Deploy strace, tcdump, blktrace, and other Linux debugging tools to troubleshoot containers
- Integrate Docker optimizations for DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, CI, and CD
Who this book is for
If you are a software developer with a good understanding of managing Docker services and the Linux file system and are looking for ways to optimize working with Docker containers, then this is the book for you. Developers fascinated with containers and workflow automation with benefit from this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now