Docker Certified Associate (DCA): Exam Guide
Enhance and validate your Docker skills by gaining Docker certification
About the Book
Pass the DCA exam and enhance your DevOps skills by achieving faster deployments, reduced downtime, and continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strengthen your knowledge of container fundamentals and exploit Docker networking, storage, and image management
- Leverage Docker Swarm to deploy and scale applications in a cluster
- Build your Docker skills with the help of sample questions and mock tests
Developers have changed their deployment artifacts from application binaries to container images, and they now need to build container-based applications as containers are part of their new development workflow. This Docker book is designed to help you learn about the management and administrative tasks of the Containers as a Service (CaaS) platform.
The book starts by getting you up and running with the key concepts of containers and microservices. You'll then cover different orchestration strategies and environments, along with exploring the Docker Enterprise platform. As you advance, the book will show you how to deploy secure, production-ready, container-based applications in Docker Enterprise environments. Later, you'll delve into each Docker Enterprise component and learn all about CaaS management. Throughout the book, you'll encounter important exam-specific topics, along with sample questions and detailed answers that will help you prepare effectively for the exam.
By the end of this Docker containers book, you'll have learned how to efficiently deploy and manage container-based environments in production, and you will have the skills and knowledge you need to pass the DCA exam.
What you will learn
- Understand the key concepts of containerization and its advantages
- Discover how to build secure images and run customized Docker containers
- Explore orchestration with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Become well versed with networking and application publishing methods
- Understand the Docker container runtime environment and customizations
- Deploy services on Docker Enterprise with Universal Control Plane
- Get to grips with effectively managing images using Docker Trusted Registry
Who this book is for
If you are a system administrator, a developer, a DevOps engineer, or any professional interested in enhancing your career portfolio by gaining Docker certification, this book is for you. In order to understand container networking and the use of load balancers and proxies to provide a full-featured Containers-as-a-Service environment, Linux and Windows user knowledge with some networking skills will be necessary.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now