Django 2 Web Development Cookbook
100 practical recipes on building scalable Python web apps with Django 2
About the Book
Create unbelievably fast, robust and secure web apps with Django Web Framework and Python 3.6
- Discover solutions to a variety of web application scenarios, leveraging the power of the Django framework
- Understand URL routing, models, forms, templates, and RESTful services with Django 2.14
- Test, deploy, and scale your web applications efficiently with Amazon Web Services
Django is a framework designed to balance rapid web development with high performance. It handles high levels of user traffic and interaction, integrates with a variety of databases, and collects and processes data in real time. This book follows a task-based approach to guide you through developing with the Django 2.1 framework, starting with setting up and configuring Docker containers and a virtual environment for your project.
In the final chapters, you'll learn programming and debugging tricks and discover how collecting data from different sources and providing it to others in various formats can be a breeze. By the end of the book, you'll learn how to test and deploy projects to a remote dedicated server and scale your application to meet user demands.
What you will learn
- Get started with the basic configuration necessary to start any Django project
- Build a database structure out of reusable model mixins
- Secure web applications against malicious usage and address common performance bottlenecks
- Integrate with, and extend, the Django CMS
- Construct and manage complex and deep hierarchies
- Import data from local sources and external web services and export it to third parties
Who this book is for
This book is designed for Python developers working on fast and secure web apps that can scale over time. You’ll also find this book useful if you want to upgrade to latest Django framework. A background in Python 3 along with basic knowledge of the Django framework will be useful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now