Deep Learning from the Basics
Deep Learning from the Basics
About the Book
Discover ways to implement various deep learning algorithms by leveraging Python and other technologies
- Learn deep learning models through several activities
- Begin with simple machine learning problems, and finish by building a complex system of your own
- Teach your machines to see by mastering the technologies required for image recognition
Deep learning is rapidly becoming the most preferred way of solving data problems. This is thanks, in part, to its huge variety of mathematical algorithms and their ability to find patterns that are otherwise invisible to us.
Deep Learning from the Basics begins with a fast-paced introduction to deep learning with Python, its definition, characteristics, and applications. You’ll learn how to use the Python interpreter and the script files in your applications, and utilize NumPy and Matplotlib in your deep learning models. As you progress through the book, you’ll discover backpropagation—an efficient way to calculate the gradients of weight parameters—and study multilayer perceptrons and their limitations, before, finally, implementing a three-layer neural network and calculating multidimensional arrays.
By the end of the book, you’ll have the knowledge to apply the relevant technologies in deep learning.
Who this book is for
Deep Learning from the Basics is designed for data scientists, data analysts, and developers who want to use deep learning techniques to develop efficient solutions. This book is ideal for those who want a deeper understanding as well as an overview of the technologies. Some working knowledge of Python is a must. Knowledge of NumPy and pandas will be beneficial, but not essential.
- Use Python with minimum external sources to implement deep learning programs
- Study the various deep learning and neural network theories
- Learn how to determine learning coefficients and the initial values of weights
- Implement trends such as Batch Normalization, Dropout, and Adam
- Explore applications like automatic driving, image generation, and reinforcement learning
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now