Data Democratization with Domo
Data Democratization with Domo
About the Book
Overcome data challenges at record speed and cloud-scale that optimize businesses by transforming raw data into dashboards and apps which democratize data consumption, supercharging results with the cloud-based solution, Domo
- Acquire data and automate data pipelines quickly for any data volume, variety, and velocity
- Present relevant stories in dashboards and custom apps that drive favorable outcomes using Domo
- Share information securely and govern content including Domo content embedded in other tools
Domo is a power-packed business intelligence (BI) platform that empowers organizations to track, analyze, and activate data in record time at cloud scale and performance.
Data Democratization with Domo begins with an overview of the Domo ecosystem. You’ll learn how to get data into the cloud with Domo data connectors and Workbench; profile datasets; use Magic ETL to transform data; work with in-memory data sculpting tools (Data Views and Beast Modes); create, edit, and link card visualizations; and create card drill paths using Domo Analyzer. Next, you’ll discover options to distribute content with real-time updates using Domo Embed and digital wallboards. As you advance, you’ll understand how to use alerts and webhooks to drive automated actions. You’ll also build and deploy a custom app to the Domo Appstore and find out how to code Python apps, use Jupyter Notebooks, and insert R custom models. Furthermore, you’ll learn how to use Auto ML to automatically evaluate dozens of models for the best fit using SageMaker and produce a predictive model as well as use Python and the Domo Command Line Interface tool to extend Domo. Finally, you’ll learn how to govern and secure the entire Domo platform.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the skills you need to become a successful Domo master.
What you will learn
- Understand the Domo cloud data warehouse architecture and platform
- Acquire data with Connectors, Workbench, and Federated Queries
- Sculpt data using no-code Magic ETL, Data Views, and Beast Modes
- Profile data with the Data Dictionary, Data Profile, and Usage tools
- Use a storytelling pattern to create dashboards with Domo Stories
- Create, share, and monitor custom alerts activated using webhooks
- Create custom Domo apps, use the Domo CLI, and code with the Python API
- Automate model operations with Python programming and R scripting
Who this book is for
This book is for BI developers, ETL developers, and Domo users looking for a comprehensive, end-to-end guide to exploring Domo features for BI. Chief data officers, data strategists, architects, and BI managers interested in a new paradigm for integrated cloud data storage, data transformation, storytelling, content distribution, custom app development, governance, and security will find this book useful. Business analysts seeking new ways to tell relevant stories to shape business performance will also benefit from this book. A basic understanding of Domo will be helpful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now