Cybersecurity Leadership Demystified
Cybersecurity Leadership Demystified
About the Book
Gain useful insights into cybersecurity leadership in a modern-day organization with the help of use cases
- Discover tips and expert advice from the leading CISO and author of many cybersecurity books
- Become well-versed with a CISO's day-to-day responsibilities and learn how to perform them with ease
- Understand real-world challenges faced by a CISO and find out the best way to solve them
The chief information security officer (CISO) is responsible for an organization's information and data security. The CISO's role is challenging as it demands a solid technical foundation as well as effective communication skills. This book is for busy cybersecurity leaders and executives looking to gain deep insights into the domains important for becoming a competent cybersecurity leader.
The book begins by introducing you to the CISO's role, where you'll learn key definitions, explore the responsibilities involved, and understand how you can become an efficient CISO. You'll then be taken through end-to-end security operations and compliance standards to help you get to grips with the security landscape. In order to be a good leader, you'll need a good team. This book guides you in building your dream team by familiarizing you with HR management, documentation, and stakeholder onboarding. Despite taking all that care, you might still fall prey to cyber attacks; this book will show you how to quickly respond to an incident to help your organization minimize losses, decrease vulnerabilities, and rebuild services and processes. Finally, you'll explore other key CISO skills that'll help you communicate at both senior and operational levels.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained a complete understanding of the CISO's role and be ready to advance your career.
What you will learn
- Understand the key requirements to become a successful CISO
- Explore the cybersecurity landscape and get to grips with end-to-end security operations
- Assimilate compliance standards, governance, and security frameworks
- Find out how to hire the right talent and manage hiring procedures and budget
- Document the approaches and processes for HR, compliance, and related domains
- Familiarize yourself with incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity
- Get the hang of tasks and skills other than hardcore security operations
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring as well as existing CISOs. This book will also help cybersecurity leaders and security professionals understand leadership in this domain and motivate them to become leaders. A clear understanding of cybersecurity posture and a few years of experience as a cybersecurity professional will help you to get the most out of this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now