Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0
Turn the right screws in ASP.NET Core to get the most out of the framework
About the Book
A guide to discovering the hidden behaviors of ASP.NET Core that can be customized to optimize your .NET 5 applications
- Customize the default behavior of ASP.NET Core to get the most out of the framework
- Enhance the app configuration, change the default dependency injection, and build your own tag helpers
- Discover best practices for configuring ASP.NET Core, from user interface design to hosting it on platforms
ASP.NET Core is the most powerful Microsoft web framework. Although it’s full of rich features, sometimes the default configurations can be a bottleneck and need to be customized to suit the nature and scale of your app. If you’re an intermediate-level .NET developer who wants to extend .NET Core to multiple use cases, it's important to customize these features so that the framework works for you effectively.
Customizing ASP.NET Core 5.0 covers core features that can be customized for developing optimized apps. The customization techniques are also updated to work with the latest .NET 5 framework.
You’ll learn essential concepts relating to optimizing the framework such as configuration, dependency injection, routing, action filters, and more. As you progress, you’ll be able to create custom solutions that meet the needs of your use case with ASP.NET Core. Later chapters will cover expert techniques and best practices for using the framework for your app development needs, from UI design to hosting. Finally, you’ll focus on the new endpoint routing in ASP.NET Core to build custom endpoints and add third-party endpoints to your web apps for processing requests faster.
By the end of this application development book, you’ll have the skills you need to be able to customize ASP.NET Core to develop robust optimized apps.
What you will learn
- Explore various application configurations and providers in ASP.NET Core 5
- Understand dependency injection in .NET and learn how to add third-party DI containers
- Discover the concept of middleware and write your own middleware for ASP.NET Core apps
- Create various API output formats in your API-driven projects
- Get familiar with different hosting models for your ASP.NET Core app
- Develop custom routing endpoints and add third-party endpoints
- Configure WebHostBuilder effectively for your web applications
Who this book is for
This .NET 5 book is for .NET developers who need to change the default behaviors of the framework to help improve the performance of their applications. Intermediate-level knowledge of ASP.NET Core and C# is required before getting started with the book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now