Creating a Pathway to Your Dream Career
Designing and Controlling a Career Around Your Life Goals
About the Book
What do you want your life to be like when you’re 25? 35? 55? Do you want a job that will feed you and your family or do you want a career that will be an integral part of your life—a career that will feed your passions, enable the lifestyle you choose, and be a continual source of engagement and pride? But do you really have the luxury of even considering your dream job in an era in which more than 40 percent of college graduates can’t even get jobs that require college degrees, much less jobs in their field? Not only should you think about your dream job—you owe it to yourself to do so. You just need a plan. This book will help you develop that plan by first examining how the careers of the future will differ from those of the past, where these jobs and careers will and won’t be, and the range of skills (many of which are not taught in schools) they will require.
With this context, it then lays out a three-stage, 20-step plan that will help you:
- Objectively assess and develop your skills and align them withyour passions
- Assess the career opportunities that will best utilize theseskills in pursuit of your passion
- Expand your career options and hedge your bets by identifyingcomplementary “safety careers”
- Evaluate your post-high school education options and create aneducation plan that is best suited to you and your career choice
- Prioritize the factors you should consider in targeting yourcritical first career-track job and use that job to expand your long-term career options
Business Expert Press
Since 2008, Business Expert Press has been providing business students and professionals with precise, business information written by experts in their fields. Available in both print and eBook formats, our books can be obtained by consumers through a variety of sources including direct purchase on our website and major online bookstores. Business librarians can purchase our entire Digital Library, published and updated annually, in total, or in various configurations such as topical e-collections or custom bundles, through perpetual access or subscription.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now