Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins Second Edition
Create secure applications by building complete CI/CD pipelines
About the Book
Create a complete Continuous Delivery process using modern DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker Hub, Ansible, GitHub and many more.
- Build reliable and secure applications using Docker containers.
- Create a highly available environment to scale a Docker servers using Kubernetes
- Implement advance continuous delivery process by parallelizing the pipeline tasks
Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins, Second Edition will explain the advantages of combining Jenkins and Docker to improve the continuous integration and delivery process of an app development. It will start with setting up a Docker server and configuring Jenkins on it. It will then provide steps to build applications on Docker files and integrate them with Jenkins using continuous delivery processes such as continuous integration, automated acceptance testing, and configuration management.
Moving on, you will learn how to ensure quick application deployment with Docker containers along with scaling Jenkins using Kubernetes. Next, you will get to know how to deploy applications using Docker images and testing them with Jenkins. Towards the end, the book will touch base with missing parts of the CD pipeline, which are the environments and infrastructure, application versioning, and nonfunctional testing.
By the end of the book, you will be enhancing the DevOps workflow by integrating the functionalities of Docker and Jenkins.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with docker fundamentals and how to dockerize an application for the CD process
- Learn how to use Jenkins on the Cloud environments
- Scale a pool of Docker servers using Kubernetes
- Create multi-container applications using Docker Compose
- Write acceptance tests using Cucumber and run them in the Docker ecosystem using Jenkins
- Publish a built Docker image to a Docker Registry and deploy cycles of Jenkins pipelines using community best practices
Who this book is for
The book targets DevOps engineers, system administrators, docker professionals or any stakeholders who would like to explore the power of working with Docker and Jenkins together. No prior knowledge of DevOps is required for this book.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now