Coding Roblox Games Made Easy
The ultimate guide to creating games with Roblox Studio and Lua programming
About the Book
Get up and running with Roblox development with the help of expert guidance for working with Roblox components and Lua programming
- Discover solutions to common problems faced while creating games on Roblox
- Explore tips, tricks, and best practices and learn advanced Roblox coding techniques to create games
- Understand how to program in the Roblox Lua language, add engaging effects, add a variety of functionalities, and much more
Roblox is a global virtual platform like no other for both playing and creating games. With well over 150 million monthly active users, Roblox hosts all genres of games that can be played by other members of the community using the Lua programming language. Not only can you create games for free, but you can also earn considerable sums of money if from the success of your games, and become part of the vast and supportive developer circle that provides excellent opportunities for networking in a tight-knit community.
With this practical book, you'll get hands-on experience working on the Roblox platform. You'll start with an overview of Roblox development and then understand how to use Roblox Studio. As you progress, you'll gradually learn everything you need from how to program in Roblox Lua to creating Obby and Battle Royale games. Finally, you'll delve into the logistics of game production, focusing on optimizing the performance of your game by implementing impressive mechanics, monetization, and marketing practices.
By the end of this Roblox book, you'll be able to lead or work with a team to bring your gaming world to life, and extend that experience to players around the world.
What you will learn
- Get started with Roblox development and explore aspects such as choosing a developer type
- Understand how to use Roblox Studio and other free resources
- Create your first game with the Roblox Lua programming language
- Become well-versed with the three Ms - Mechanics, Monetization, and Marketing
- Develop real-world games such as Battle Royale and Obby
- Discover expert tips for collaborating effectively and managing project workloads
Who this book is for
This Roblox guide is for anyone interested in learning how to develop games on the Roblox platform. If you're already familiar with Roblox and looking for tips, tricks, and Roblox and Lua best practices for efficient development, you'll find this book helpful.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now