Cloud Foundry for Developers
Deploy, manage, and orchestrate cloud-native applications with ease
About the Book
Deploy and scale applications on Cloud Foundry
About This Book
- Gain hands-on experience using Cloud Foundry
- Implement deployment, management and scaling of applications on Cloud Foundry
- Learn best practices and troubleshooting tips for running applications on Cloud Foundry
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at developers, engineers and architects who want to learn key aspects of developing and running applications on the Cloud Foundry Platform.
Prior knowledge Cloud Foundry is not necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Cloud Foundry (CF) tools and concepts.
- Understand the breadth of possibilities unleashed through a lightweight agile approach to building and deploying applications.
- Design and deploy cloud native applications that run well on Cloud Foundry.
- Learn Microservice design concepts and worker applications.
- Customize service brokers to publish your services in the Cloud Foundry marketplace.
- Using, managing and creating buildpacks for the Cloud Foundry Platform.
- Troubleshoot applications on Cloud Foundry
- Perform zero-downtime deployments using blue/green routes, A/B testing, and painless rollbacks to earlier versions of the application.
Cloud Foundry is the open source platform to deploy, run, and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is growing rapidly and a leading product that provides PaaS (Platform as a Service) capabilities to enterprise, government, and organizations around the globe. Giants like Dell Technologies, GE, IBM, HP and the US government are using Cloud Foundry innovate faster in a rapidly changing world.
Cloud Foundry is a developer’s dream. Enabling them to create modern applications that can leverage the latest thinking, techniques and capabilities of the cloud, including:
- Application Virtualization
- Infrastructure agnosticism
- Orchestrated containers
- Zero downtime upgrades
- A/B deployment
- Quickly scaling applications out or in
This book takes readers on a journey where they will first learn the Cloud Foundry basics, including how to deploy and scale a simple application in seconds. Readers will build their knowledge of how to create highly scalable and resilient cloud-native applications and microservices running on Cloud Foundry. Readers will learn how to integrate their application with services provided by Cloud Foundry and with those external to Cloud Foundry. Readers will learn how to structure their Cloud Foundry environment with orgs and spaces. After that, we’ll discuss aspects of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), monitoring and logging. Readers will also learn how to enable health checks, troubleshoot and debug applications.
By the end of this book, readers will have hands-on experience in performing various deployment and scaling tasks. Additionally, they will have an understanding of what it takes to migrate and develop applications for Cloud Foundry.
Style and Approach
A practitioner's guide to Cloud Foundry that covers the areas of application development, deployment and services.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now