C++ Data Structures and Algorithm Design Principles
Leverage the power of modern C++ to build robust and scalable applications
About the Book
Get started with C++ programming by learning how to build applications using its data structures and algorithms
- Explore data structures such as arrays, stacks, and graphs with real-world examples
- Study the trade-offs between algorithms and data structures and discover what works and what doesn't
- Discover how techniques such as bloom filters and multi-way heaps boost real-world applications
C++ is a mature multi-paradigm programming language that enables you to write high-level code with a high degree of control over the hardware. Today, significant parts of software infrastructure, including databases, browsers, multimedia frameworks, and GUI toolkits, are written in C++.
This book starts by introducing C++ data structures and how to store data using linked lists, arrays, stacks, and queues. In later chapters, the book explains the basic algorithm design paradigms, such as the greedy approach and the divide-and-conquer approach, which are used to solve a large variety of computational problems. Finally, you will learn the advanced technique of dynamic programming to develop optimized implementations of several algorithms discussed in the book.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to implement standard data structures and algorithms in efficient and scalable C++ 14 code.
What you will learn
- Build applications using hash tables, dictionaries, and sets
- Explore how modern hardware affects the actual run-time performance of programs
- Apply common algorithms such as heapsort and merge sort for string data types
- Use C++ template metaprogramming to write code libraries
- Implement a URL shortening service using a bloom filter
- Use appropriate modern C++ idioms such as std:: array instead of C-style arrays
Who this book is for
This book is for developers or students who want to revisit basic data structures and algorithm design techniques. Although no mathematical background is required, basic knowledge of complexity classes and Big O notation along with a qualification in an algorithms course will help you get the most out of this book. Familiarity with C++ 14 standard is assumed.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now