C# 8 and .NET Core 3 Projects Using Azure Second Edition
Build professional desktop, mobile, and web applications that meet modern software requirements
About the Book
Get up to speed with using C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0 features to build real-world .NET Core applications
- Learn the core concepts of web applications, serverless computing, and microservices
- Create an ASP.NET Core MVC application using controllers, routing, middleware and authentication
- Build modern applications using cutting-edge services from Microsoft Azure
.NET Core is a general-purpose, modular, cross-platform, and opensource implementation of .NET. The latest release of .NET Core 3 comes with improved performance and security features, along with support for desktop applications. .NET Core 3 is not only useful for new developers looking to start learning the framework, but also for legacy developers interested in migrating their apps. Updated with the latest features and enhancements, this updated second edition is a step-by-step, project-based guide.
The book starts with a brief introduction to the key features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3.
You'll learn to work with relational data using Entity Framework Core 3, before understanding how to use ASP.NET Core. As you progress, you’ll discover how you can use .NET Core to create cross-platform applications. Later, the book will show you how to upgrade your old WinForms apps to .NET Core 3. The concluding chapters will then help you use SignalR effectively to add real-time functionality to your applications, before demonstrating how to implement MongoDB in your apps. Finally, you'll delve into serverless computing and how to build microservices using Docker and Kubernetes.
By the end of this book, you'll be proficient in developing applications using .NET Core 3.
What you will learn
- Understand how to incorporate the Entity Framework Core 3 to build ASP.NET Core MVC applications
- Create a real-time chat application using Azure’s SignalR service
- Gain hands-on experience of working with Cosmos DB
- Develop an Azure Function and interface it with an Azure Logic App
- Explore user authentication with Identity Server and OAuth2
- Understand how to use Azure Cognitive Services to add advanced functionalities with minimal code
- Get to grips with running a .NET Core application with Kubernetes
Who this book is for
This book is for developers and programmers of all levels who want to build real-world projects and explore the new features of .NET Core 3. Developers working on legacy desktop software who are looking to migrate to .NET Core 3 will also find this book useful. Basic knowledge of .NET Core and C# is assumed.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now