Building Google Cloud Platform Solutions
Develop scalable applications from scratch and make them globally available in almost any language
About the Book
Build cost-effective and robust cloud solutions with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using these simple and practical recipes
- Explore the various service offerings of the GCP
- Host a Python application on Google Compute Engine
- Securely maintain application states with Cloud Storage, Datastore, and Bigtable
GCP is a cloud computing platform with a wide range of products and services that enable you to build and deploy cloud-hosted applications. This Learning Path will guide you in using GCP and designing, deploying, and managing applications on Google Cloud.
You will get started by learning how to use App Engine to access Google's scalable hosting and build software that runs on this framework. With the help of Google Compute Engine, you’ll be able to host your workload on virtual machine instances. The later chapters will help you to explore ways to implement authentication and security, Cloud APIs, and command-line and deployment management. As you hone your skills, you’ll understand how to integrate your new applications with various data solutions on GCP, including Cloud SQL, Bigtable, and Cloud Storage. Following this, the book will teach you how to streamline your workflow with tools, including Source Repositories, Container Builder, and Stackdriver. You'll also understand how to deploy and debug services with IntelliJ, implement continuous delivery pipelines, and configure robust monitoring and alerts for your production systems. By the end of this Learning Path, you'll be well versed with GCP’s development tools and be able to develop, deploy, and manage highly scalable and reliable applications.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- Google Cloud Platform for Developers Ted Hunter and Steven Porter
- Google Cloud Platform Cookbook by Legorie Rajan PS
What you will learn
- Host an application using Google Cloud Functions
- Migrate a MySQL database to Cloud Spanner
- Configure a network for a highly available application on GCP
- Learn simple image processing using Storage and Cloud Functions
- Automate security checks using Policy Scanner
- Deploy and run services on App Engine and Container Engine
- Minimize downtime and mitigate issues with Stackdriver Monitoring and Debugger
- Integrate with big data solutions, including BigQuery, Dataflow, and Pub/Sub
Who this book is for
This Learning Path is for IT professionals, engineers, and developers who want to implement Google Cloud in their organizations. Administrators and architects planning to make their organization more efficient with Google Cloud will also find this Learning Path useful. Basic understanding of GCP and its services is a must.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now