About the Book
Strengthen your applications by adopting Test-Driven Development (TDD), the OpenAPI Specification, Continuous Integration (CI), and container orchestration.
- Build microservices and deploy them to a Docker container for scaling applications
- Test and deploy your code with confidence using Travis CI
In this book, we will build a simple API and React application from scratch. We begin by setting up our development environment using Git, yarn, Babel, and ESLint. Then, we will use Express, Elasticsearch and JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) to build a stateless API service. For the front-end, we will use React, Redux, and Webpack.
A central theme in the book is maintaining code quality. As such, we will enforce a Test-Driven Development (TDD) process using Selenium, Cucumber, Mocha, Sinon, and Istanbul. As we progress through the book, the focus will shift towards automation and infrastructure. You will learn to work with Continuous Integration (CI) servers like Jenkins, deploying services inside Docker containers, and run them on Kubernetes.
By following this book, you would gain the skills needed to build robust, production-ready applications.
What you will learn
- Practice Test-Driven Development (TDD) throughout the entire book
- Use Cucumber, Mocha and Selenium to write E2E, integration, unit and UI tests
- Build stateless APIs using Express and Elasticsearch
- Document your API using OpenAPI and Swagger
- Build and bundle front-end applications using React, Redux and Webpack
- Containerize services using Docker
- Deploying scalable microservices using Kubernetes
Who this book is for
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now