Building Computer Vision Projects with OpenCV 4 and C++
Implement complex computer vision algorithms and explore deep learning and face detection
About the Book
Delve into practical computer vision and image processing projects and get up to speed with advanced object detection techniques and machine learning algorithms
- Discover best practices for engineering and maintaining OpenCV projects
- Explore important deep learning tools for image classification
- Understand basic image matrix formats and filters
OpenCV is one of the best open source libraries available and can help you focus on constructing complete projects on image processing, motion detection, and image segmentation.
This Learning Path is your guide to understanding OpenCV concepts and algorithms through real-world examples and activities. Through various projects, you'll also discover how to use complex computer vision and machine learning algorithms and face detection to extract the maximum amount of information from images and videos. In later chapters, you'll learn to enhance your videos and images with optical flow analysis and background subtraction. Sections in the Learning Path will help you get to grips with text segmentation and recognition, in addition to guiding you through the basics of the new and improved deep learning modules. By the end of this Learning Path, you will have mastered commonly used computer vision techniques to build OpenCV projects from scratch. This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt books:
- Mastering OpenCV 4 - Third Edition by Roy Shilkrot and David Millán Escrivá
- Learn OpenCV 4 By Building Projects - Second Edition by David Millán Escrivá, Vinícius G. Mendonça, and Prateek Joshi
What you will learn
- Stay up-to-date with algorithmic design approaches for complex computer vision tasks
- Work with OpenCV's most up-to-date API through various projects
- Understand 3D scene reconstruction and Structure from Motion (SfM)
- Study camera calibration and overlay augmented reality (AR) using the ArUco module
- Create CMake scripts to compile your C++ application
- Explore segmentation and feature extraction techniques
- Remove backgrounds from static scenes to identify moving objects for surveillance
- Work with new OpenCV functions to detect and recognize text with Tesseract
Who this book is for
If you are a software developer with a basic understanding of computer vision and image processing and want to develop interesting computer vision applications with OpenCV, this Learning Path is for you. Prior knowledge of C++ and familiarity with mathematical concepts will help you better understand the concepts in this Learning Path.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now