Blender 3D Incredible Models
Blender 3D Incredible Models
About the Book
Learn all about hard-surface modeling in Blender while creating three increasingly complex projects: an assault rifle, a sci-fi racing ship, and an army tank
- Explore Blender’s wide array of 3D modeling tools and features with key images printed in color
- Learn techniques for texturing, rendering, and rigging
- Employ these lessons to create increasingly complex hard-surface models
Blender is a massively popular and powerful 3D program, with versatile modeling abilities that make it a great way to enter the 3D modelling world.
Blender 3D Incredible Models is an extensive guide for those new to hard-surface modeling with Blender, helping you understand the complete range of tools and features it offers and how to employ those efficiently to create realistic models. You’ll be led through progressively more challenging modeling projects— from an assault rifle and an army tank to a sci-fi spaceship model—giving you a glimpse of all the skills you’d need in Blender’s vast ecosystem of features and functionality, ranging from textures, rendering, and UV mapping to lighting, rigging, and beyond. Each engaging project builds upon the last until you’re equipped with everything you need to tackle your own modeling challenges, whatever they may be.
By the end of this Blender book, you won’t just know how to create the models covered here, but you’ll be able to turn your own concepts and references into 3D Blender models too!
What you will learn
- Dive into the fundamental theory behind hard-surface modeling
- Explore Blender’s extensive modeling tools and features
- Use references to produce sophisticated and accurate models
- Create models with realistic textures and materials
- Set up lighting and render your scenes with style
- Master the use of polygons to make game-optimized models
- Develop impressive animations by exploring the world of rigging
- Employ texture painting and modifiers to render the tiniest details
Who this book is for
This book is for aspiring 3D artists, animators, architectural visualizers, and game developers looking to learn hard-surface modeling, an essential skill in creative industries. A basic understanding of Blender and its interface, orienting in the 3D Viewport, creating and moving objects, and mesh editing is necessary to get started.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now