Bioinformatics with Python Cookbook Second Edition
Learn how to use modern Python bioinformatics libraries and applications to do cutting-edge research in computational biology
About the Book
Discover modern, next-generation sequencing libraries from Python ecosystem to analyze large amounts of biological data
- Discover and learn the most important Python libraries and applications to do a complex bioinformatics analysis
- Focuses on the most modern tools to do research with next generation sequencing, genomics, population genetics, phylogenomics, and proteomics
- Uses real-world examples and teaches you to implement high-impact research methods
If you are either a computational biologist or a Python programmer, you will probably relate to the expression "explosive growth, exciting times". Python is arguably the main programming language for big data, and the deluge of data in biology, mostly from genomics and proteomics, makes bioinformatics one of the most exciting fields in data science.
Using the hands-on recipes in this book, you'll be able to do practical research and analysis in computational biology with Python. We cover modern, next-generation sequencing libraries and explore real-world examples on how to handle real data. The main focus of the book is the practical application of bioinformatics, but we also cover modern programming techniques and frameworks to deal with the ever increasing deluge of bioinformatics data.
What you will learn
- Gain a deep understanding of Python's fundamental bioinformatics libraries and be exposed to the most important data science tools in Python
- Process genome-wide data with Biopython
- Analyze and perform quality control on next-generation sequencing datasets using libraries such as PyVCF or PySAM
- Use DendroPy and Biopython for phylogenetic analysis
- Perform population genetics analysis on large datasets
- Simulate complex demographies and genomic features with simuPOP
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now