Azure Synapse Analytics Cookbook
Azure Synapse Analytics Cookbook
About the Book
Whether you’re an Azure veteran or just getting started, get the most out of your data with effective recipes for Azure Synapse
- Discover new techniques for using Azure Synapse, regardless of your level of expertise
- Integrate Azure Synapse with other data sources to create a unified experience for your analytical needs using Microsoft Azure
- Learn how to embed data governance and classification with Synapse Analytics by integrating Azure Purview
As data warehouse management becomes increasingly integral to successful organizations, choosing and running the right solution is more important than ever. Microsoft Azure Synapse is an enterprise-grade, cloud-based data warehousing platform, and this book holds the key to using Synapse to its full potential. If you want the skills and confidence to create a robust enterprise analytical platform, this cookbook is a great place to start.
You'll learn and execute enterprise-level deployments on medium-to-large data platforms. Using the step-by-step recipes and accompanying theory covered in this book, you'll understand how to integrate various services with Synapse to make it a robust solution for all your data needs. Whether you're new to Azure Synapse or just getting started, you'll find the instructions you need to solve any problem you may face, including using Azure services for data visualization as well as for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions.
By the end of this Azure book, you'll have the skills you need to implement an enterprise-grade analytical platform, enabling your organization to explore and manage heterogeneous data workloads and employ various data integration services to solve real-time industry problems.
What you will learn
- Discover the optimal approach for loading and managing data
- Work with notebooks for various tasks, including ML
- Run real-time analytics using Azure Synapse Link for Cosmos DB
- Perform exploratory data analytics using Apache Spark
- Read and write DataFrames into Parquet files using PySpark
- Create reports on various metrics for monitoring key KPIs
- Combine Power BI and Serverless for distributed analysis
- Enhance your Synapse analysis with data visualizations
Who this book is for
This book is for data architects, data engineers, and developers who want to learn and understand the main concepts of Azure Synapse analytics and implement them in real-world scenarios.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now