AWS for System Administrators
Build, automate, and manage your infrastructure on the most popular cloud platform – AWS
About the Book
Take your AWS SysOps skills to the next level by learning infrastructure automation techniques using CloudFormation, Terraform, and Boto3
- Explore AWS automation using CloudFormation, Terraform, and Boto3
- Leverage AWS to make your infrastructure flexible and highly available
- Discover various AWS features for building a secure and reliable environment to host your application
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the most popular and efficient cloud platforms for administering and deploying your applications to make them resilient and robust. AWS for System Administrators will help you to learn several advanced cloud administration concepts for deploying, managing, and operating highly available systems on AWS.
Starting with the fundamentals of identity and access management (IAM) for securing your environment, this book will gradually take you through AWS networking and monitoring tools. As you make your way through the chapters, you’ll get to grips with VPC, EC2, load balancer, Auto Scaling, RDS database, and data management. The book will also show you how to initiate AWS automated backups and store and keep track of log files. Later, you’ll work with AWS APIs and understand how to use them along with CloudFormation, Python Boto3 Script, and Terraform to automate infrastructure.
By the end of this AWS book, you’ll be ready to build your two-tier startup with all the necessary infrastructure, monitoring, and logging components in place.
What you will learn
- Adopt a security-first approach by giving users minimum access using IAM policies
- Build your first Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance using the AWS CLI, Boto3, and Terraform
- Set up your datacenter in AWS Cloud using VPC
- Scale your application based on demand using Auto Scaling
- Monitor services using CloudWatch and SNS
- Work with centralized logs for analysis (CloudWatch Logs)
- Back up your data using Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Data Lifecycle Manager, and AWS Backup
Who this book is for
This Amazon Web Services book is for system administrators and solution architects who want to build highly available and flexible AWS Cloud platforms for their applications. Software engineers and programmers looking to deploy their applications to AWS Cloud will also find this book useful. Basic knowledge of Linux and AWS is necessary to get started.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now