ASP.NET Core 6 and Angular
ASP.NET Core 6 and Angular
About the Book
Design, build and deploy robust web applications using ASP.NET 6, Angular 13, and Entity Framework Core
- The most up-to-date book that covers cutting-edge features released in ASP.NET Core 6 and Angular 13
- Create a production-ready Single-Page Application (SPA) or Progressive Web Application (PWA)
- Adopt a full-stack approach to handle data management, API documentation, Web APIs, end-to-end testing, security, and deployment
Every full-stack ninja needs the tools to operate on front-end and back-end application development. This web app development book takes a hands-on, project-based approach to provide you with all the tools and techniques that web developers need to create, debug, and deploy efficient web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular.
The fifth edition has been updated to cover advanced topics such as Minimal APIs, Web APIs with GraphQL, real-time updates with SignalR, and new features in .NET 6 and Angular 13.
You begin by building a data model with Entity Framework Core, alongside utilizing the Entity Core Fluent API and EntityTypeConfiguration class. You'll learn how to fetch and display data and handle user input with Angular reactive forms and front-end and back-end validators for maximum effect.
Later, you will perform advanced debugging and explore the unit testing features provided by xUnit.net (.NET 6) and Jasmine, as well as Karma for Angular. After adding authentication and authorization to your apps, you will explore progressive web applications, learning about their technical requirements, testing processes, and how to convert a standard web application to a PWA.
By the end of this web development book, you will understand how to tie together the front-end and back-end to build and deploy secure and robust web applications.
What you will learn
- Use the new Visual Studio Standalone TypeScript Angular template
- Implement and consume a Web API interface with ASP.NET Core
- Set up an SQL database server using a local instance or a cloud datastore
- Perform C# and TypeScript debugging using Visual Studio 2022
- Create TDD and BDD unit tests using xUnit, Jasmine, and Karma
- Perform DBMS structured logging using providers such as SeriLog
- Deploy web apps to Azure App Service using IIS, Kestrel, and NGINX
- Learn to develop fast and flexible Web APIs using GraphQL
- Add real-time capabilities to Angular apps with ASP.NET Core SignalR
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced ASP.NET developers who already possess some familiarity with ASP.NET Core and Angular and are looking to learn how to use them effectively together.
The fully documented code samples (also available on GitHub) and the step-by-step implementation tutorials make this book easy to follow.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now