ASP.NET Core 3 and React
Hands-On full stack web development using ASP.NET Core, React, and TypeScript 3
About the Book
Build modern, scalable, and cloud-ready single-page applications using ASP.NET Core, React, TypeScript, and Azure
- Explore the full potential and latest features of .NET Core 3.0, TypeScript 3, and React
- Learn how to manage data, application design, and packaging, and secure your web apps
- Discover best practices for using React and TypeScript to build a scalable frontend that interacts with REST APIs
This book will start by taking you through React and TypeScript components to build an intuitive single-page application. You’ll understand how to design scalable REST APIs that can integrate with a React-based frontend. You’ll get to grips with the latest features, popular patterns, and tools available in the React ecosystem, including function-based components, React Router, and Redux. The book shows how you can use TypeScript along with React to make the frontend robust and maintainable. You’ll then cover important .NET Core features such as API controllers, attribute routing, and model binding to help you build a sturdy backend. Additionally, you’ll explore API security with ASP.NET Core identity and authorization policies, and write reliable unit tests using both .NET Core and React before you deploy your app to the Azure cloud.
What you will learn
- Build RESTful APIs with .NET Core using API controllers
- Create strongly typed, interactive, and function-based React components using Hooks
- Build forms efficiently using reusable React components
- Perform client-side state management with Redux and the React Context API
- Secure REST APIs with ASP.NET identity and authorization policies
- Run a range of automated tests on the frontend and backend
- Implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) processes into Azure using Azure DevOps
Who this book is for
If you’re a web developer looking to build solid full-stack web applications with .NET Core and React, this book is for you. Although this book does not assume any knowledge of React, you’re expected to have a basic understanding of .NET Core.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now