ASP.NET Core 3 and Angular 9 Third Edition
Full stack web development with .NET Core 3.1 and Angular 9
About the Book
Build a simple, yet fully-functional modern web application using .NET Core 3.1, Entity Framework Core and Angular 9
- Explore the latest edition of the bestselling book ASP.NET Core 2 and Angular 5
- Design, build and deploy a Single Page Application or Progressive Web App with ASP.NET Core and Angular
- Adopt a full stack approach to handle data management, Web APIs, application design, testing, SEO, security and deployment
Learning full stack development calls for knowledge of both frontend and backend web development. By covering the impressive capabilities of ASP.NET Core 3.1 and Angular 9, right from project setup through to the deployment phase, this book will help you to develop your skills effectively.
The book will get you started with using the .NET Core framework and Web API Controllers to implement API calls and server-side routing in the backend. Next, you will learn to build a data model with Entity Framework Core and configure it using either a local SQL Server instance or cloud-based data stores such as Microsoft Azure. The book will also help you handle user input with Angular reactive forms and frontend and backend validators for maximum effect. You will later explore the advanced debugging and unit testing features provided by xUnit.net (.NET Core) and Jasmine, as well as Karma for Angular. Finally, you will implement various authentication and authorization techniques with the ASP.NET Core Identity system and the new IdentityServer, as well as deploy your apps on Windows and Linux servers using IIS, Kestrel, and Nginx.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to create efficient web applications using ASP.NET Core and Angular.
What you will learn
- Implement a Web API interface with ASP.NET Core and consume it with Angular using RxJS Observables
- Create a data model using Entity Framework Core with code-first approach and migrations support
- Set up and configure a SQL database server using a local instance or a cloud data store on Azure
- Create TDD and BDD unit test using xUnit, Jasmine, and Karma
- Implement authentication and authorization using ASP.NET Identity, IdentityServer4, and Angular API
- Build Progressive Web Apps and explore Service Workers
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced ASP.NET developers who already know about ASP.NET Core and Angular and are looking to learn more about them and understand how to use them together to create production-ready Single Page Applications (SPAs) or Progressive Web Applications (PWAs). However, the fully-documented code samples (also available on GitHub) and the step-by-step implementation tutorials make this book easy-to-understand - even for beginners and developers who are just getting started.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now