Architecting Google Cloud Solutions
Architecting Google Cloud Solutions
About the Book
Achieve your business goals and build highly available, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure by designing robust and cost-effective solutions as a Google Cloud Architect.
- Gain hands-on experience in designing and managing high-performance cloud solutions
- Leverage Google Cloud Platform to optimize technical and business processes using cutting-edge technologies and services
- Use Google Cloud Big Data, AI, and ML services to design scalable and intelligent data solutions
Google has been one of the top players in the public cloud domain thanks to its agility and performance capabilities. This book will help you design, develop, and manage robust, secure, and dynamic solutions to successfully meet your business needs.
You'll learn how to plan and design network, compute, storage, and big data systems that incorporate security and compliance from the ground up. The chapters will cover simple to complex use cases for devising solutions to business problems, before focusing on how to leverage Google Cloud's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities for designing modern no-operations platforms. Throughout this book, you'll discover how to design for scalability, resiliency, and high availability. Later, you'll find out how to use Google Cloud to design modern applications using microservices architecture, automation, and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) practices. The concluding chapters then demonstrate how to apply machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to derive insights from your data. Finally, you will discover best practices for operating and monitoring your cloud solutions, as well as performing troubleshooting and quality assurance.
By the end of this Google Cloud book, you'll be able to design robust enterprise-grade solutions using Google Cloud Platform.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with compute, storage, networking, data analytics, and pricing
- Discover delivery models such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Explore the underlying technologies and economics of cloud computing
- Design for scalability, business continuity, observability, and resiliency
- Secure Google Cloud solutions and ensure compliance
- Understand operational best practices and learn how to architect a monitoring solution
- Gain insights into modern application design with Google Cloud
- Leverage big data, machine learning, and AI with Google Cloud
Who this book is for
This book is for cloud architects who are responsible for designing and managing cloud solutions with GCP. You'll also find the book useful if you're a system engineer or enterprise architect looking to learn how to design solutions with Google Cloud. Moreover, cloud architects who already have experience with other cloud providers and are now beginning to work with Google Cloud will benefit from the book. Although an intermediate-level understanding of cloud computing and distributed apps is required, prior experience of working in the public and hybrid cloud domain is not mandatory.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now